Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-019118
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: Under limited supervision: perform all assigned tasks efficiently and timely. This position is part of a team that manages team/pathologist/patient/client relations by performing a variety of tasks that are critical to the operation of the department in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a professional and personable attitude at all times.
- Must be at the workstation, on time, daily
- All office procedures to include researching client/patient concerns; faxing reports
- Files records and correspondence
- Trouble shoots and resolves problems with client.
- Trouble shoots and resolves problems with other CPL regions.
- Act as a liaison between the Microbiology laboratory and CPL clients
- Ability to maneuver in laboratory Misys LIS.
- Answering and triaging incoming phone calls for multiple areas of the laboratory
- Assist Problem resolution for Microbiology
- Data entry, send out, and tracking of patient materials
- Maintain documentation as required within the department
- Interact effectively with Team Leads and Supervisor to resolve complex issues
- Adhere to established CPL policies, practices, and procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality, follows HIPAA guidelines per our Confidentiality Policy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexibility in scheduling is required to cover the department.
- Stocking supplies
- Laboratory cleaning maintenance
Scope: Promotes team/microbiology/patient/client relations by performing a variety of tasks that are critical to the operation of the department in a timely and accurate manner. Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory. Adheres to all company and departmental policies and regulations to include attendance/tardiness and cell phone policies. Works with minimal direction. Consults with team leaders or supervisor as needed.
Operates general office equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computer keyboards, fax machines, copiers, and printers. Effectively communicates via written, verbal, and electronic methods.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Minimum - High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Preferred - Associates degree or Medical Office Assistant training
Minimum - Customer service experience
Preferred - Customer service experience in medical/ laboratory setting
Skills: Develop effective and harmonious work habits and relationships. Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight, timely and accurately. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and proactively on situations that require attention. Must be able to read, speak, and comprehend English.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Department Supervisor.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements include lifting and carrying 5-25 lbs. Visual acuity, hand and eye coordination, and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and perform essential functions. Subject to prolonged periods of sitting, in a confined workspace. Reaching and handling documents is needed to perform essential functions.
Environmental Demands: Works in temperature controlled environment including exposure to cold (2-8oC).May encounter hazards common to a microbiology laboratory and come into contact with contagious pathogens and various laboratory chemicals. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow other safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and in crisis situations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.