| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Molecular Microbiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with lab and PI coordination of several multi-site research projects ensuring smooth operations, experiments, preparation of material, and documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions - Project Coordination:
- Schedule and organizes for multiple research projects (with foreign and industry collaborators) and programs including help with scheduling presentations and/or coursework that PI oversees.
- Maintain calendar for projects, programs, and PI, to include scheduling of collaborator site meetings (domestic and international), conference calls (including International participants), travel commitments, committee meetings, student meetings, etc.
- Arrange and coordinate travel for PI and project collaborators, to include making all travel arrangements (including International travel) as well as the preparation and submission of expense reports.
- May assist in drafting correspondence (i.e. recommendation letters) and updating protocols, including IRB, IBC and IACUC.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders- which may occasionally include researching to identify best pricing. Acts as the labs liaison to the Department’s Accounting staff., lab maintenance and cleaning
Essential Functions - Technical:
- Conducts research experiments and assays.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research. Coordinates between team members at different national and international site.
- Coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Performs library research on specified topics.
Equivalent of BS in science related field and related training/experience.
Working scientific background with knowledge of research process and equipment and with extensive knowledge of bio-safety requirements/regulations.
The hiring range for this position is $15.16 - $20.47 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade R07.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.