| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Molecular Microbiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting. Performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs basic molecular biology and biochemistry experiments for characterization of protein-RNA interactions.
- Maintains mammalian cell lines and generates their derivatives.
- Assists with Biosafety level 3 (BSL-3) experiments working with human immunodeficiency virus.
- Maintains files and data on research.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Microbiology or a related field and one or more of the below is preferred.
- Mammalian cell culture and sterile technique
- Basic microbiology skills
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA, protein isolation and purification; PCR, reverse transcription PCR, cloning, immunoblotting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively, maintain complete and organized records
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports
- Working knowledge of computer software preferred
The hiring range for this position is $12.00 - $15.35 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards; must be physically able to wear protective equipment; must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade R04.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.