| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Molecular Microbiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Independently performs complex research studies, including design and implementation of experimental assays. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated competency in cell-based assays including basic tissue culture, sterile technique, chemical stocks, serial dilution of standards, enzymatic and immunological assays. Experience with cloning, protein expression, and purification considered advantageous.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently to perform quantitative assays according to established research protocols. Primary duties will involve cell culture based assays for growth inhibition using enzymatic readouts. Additional tasks will include enzyme and ELISA assays.
- Follow standard operating procedures with precision. May develop and optimize new experimental procedures and protocols. Provide high level troubleshooting to advance lab procedures.
- Perform data entry and maintain computer-based data files for research projects. Monitor data to ensure consistent quality.
- Perform statistical analyses of data and generate summary tables and figures using software tools. Assist with generation of reports, figures and summaries for use in publications or presentations.
- Work as part of the team to assure timely completion of projects.
Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 7 years required.
- M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biotechnology and 2 years of full time experience working on independent projects in a research laboratory.
- Demonstrated competency in cell-based assays including basic tissue culture, sterile technique, chemical stocks, serial dilution of standards, enzymatic and immunological assays.
- Experience with cloning, protein expression, and purification considered advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software, including quantitative analyses, and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
- Work in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be willing to work with biological hazards including BSL-2 organisms.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade R08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.