The Microbiology Supervisor monitors, supervises, and directs Microbiology staff and technical area. Assures that staff provides excellent customer relations when providing service to laboratory customers. May provide lab administrative support in the absence of director and/or manager.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to provide written and/or verbal instructions, ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding patient and employee information, ability to assess and exceed customer expectations. Ability to analyze clinical laboratory processes, possess a functional knowledge of laboratory information systems, and a working knowledge of hospital organizational functions.
- Accurately interprets and reports patient test results by identifying normal or unusual results, repeating tests if necessary and/or refers these results to the supervisor of the area and/or medical director.
- Consistently determines viability of specimens taking steps to acquire suitable specimens, checking label comments, and documents problems in the liS.
- Sets priorities based on changing workloads to meet expected turn around times without diminished accuracy or loss of composure.
- Regularly performs and manages quality control testing to monitor instrument operation by recognizing trends and follows quality control rules to initiate troubleshooting.
- Consistently performs and documents all required instrument maintenance and calibrations at defined intervals.
- Problem solving skills demonstrated by using professional judgment when interpreting data and making knowledge based decisions, and involving management when appropriate.
- Trains new employees and students on an as needed basis and serve as a resource person for these staff members.
- Maintains adequate laboratory supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and informing supervisor or coordinator of needs, verifying receipt of supplies, and putting away stock in appropriate storage area.
- Consistently enforces staff compliance with policies and procedures and documenting employee conferences when deviations occur.
- Cultivates exceptional employee satisfaction among staff by responding to staff concerns and requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Always completes staff schedules, employee evaluations, and employee conflict resolutions in a timely manner.Consistently completes,develops, and oversees assigned and required proficiency, competency, and procedural reviews on time.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years technical experience in Microbiology
- ASCP or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.