Together, We Can Solve the World’s Greatest Challenges
The solution to many of the most fundamental challenges facing the world today can be found in science. But providing for the food, energy and safety needs of a growing population will require more than science alone. It will require many people working together to devise solutions that improve the lives of people everywhere. DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best it can be.
About DuPont Industrial Biosciences
DuPont Industrial Biosciences comprises an unmatched portfolio of capabilities in industrial biotechnology and bio-based solutions. The unique combination of agricultural, biotechnology, chemical and material science capabilities allows DuPont Industrial Biosciences to deliver cost-effective products with superior performance and sustainability aspects to a range of industries. Bringing together the expertise from Danisco, Genencor, and DuPont has yielded a unique combination of strengths in enzyme technology, materials science, and bioprocessing. We call it Powered by DuPont™ Genencor® Science. It’s what powers the innovations to help solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply for the following opportunity in Wilmington, DE:
Scientist II – Microbiology / Microbiome
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and be responsible for the following:
· Carries out independent research within a multi-discipline project team.
· Developing study plans and implementation of studies focused on Microbiology / Microbial Ecology related to our Animal and Human Nutrition, and AgBio businesses, and Microbiome studies using Metagenomics, and Meta-transcriptomics analysis.
· The successful candidate must work well within a team and have a track record of working in collaborative environments.
Ph.D. degree in Microbiology / Microbial Ecology with a minimum of 2 years Postdoc experience in an academic lab, government lab or industry lab setting.
· The successful candidate should have excellent Microbiology / Microbial Ecology skills and demonstrated working experience with microbiome related sciences (Metagenomics and Meta-transcriptomics) with hands-on experience with animal, human, or environmental related microbial consortia. In addition, knowledge and experience with Animal Nutrition is a plus.
· Research productivity demonstrated by a track record of patents and/or publications.
· Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to thrive in a multi-discipline research environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication of research results.
· The successful candidate must be motivated, creative, and have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and can work independently or in a collaborative setting.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills are highly desirable.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.